Sunday, March 20, 2011

Wednesday Classes

Yet again a couple of classes have gone by and I haven't posted anything. I have a few projects on the go, so I have been spending quiet a bit of time working down in the cave on these.
Here are a few pictures of what the ladies have been working on. Gertrudes brought in her 10 minute block quilt, completed.

Along with her Dresden Plate and also her Tilda Christmas Santas finished. She admitted that the Tilda dolls are very fiddley, no comment!
And Fernanda showed us her Pineapple Blossom, after I had brought mine in to show the ladies. At that point I had only done the blocks, I have now done the borders and hopefully in the next couple of weeks I will be able to sandwich it and get it quilt! It is based on this tutorial. Bonnie has done her's with scraps but as you can see from Fernandas she used only three colours.
She also brought in her another of her projects, which was based on a range of fabric that had been in the shop, which had come with a project sheet, as an idea for people to use.
We have also had a class on making Daisy Blocks and the ladies found this process interesting as you didn't have to cut too straight with the ruler!!

And then Gertrudes went home and made a couple of blocks. She says that she will continue to make some more, but it will be a work in progress.



1 comment: